REGIONAL WINNER MASTER BUILDERS HOUSING AND CONSTRUCTION AWARDS 2012 - SPORTING AND COMMUNITY SERVICE FACILITIES UP TO $5M
|Client: Logan City Council
|Project: Meakin Park Rugby Union Facility
|Duration: Jun 2011 to jan 2012
|Proejct Value: $3,700,000
- Bulk earthworks included is to cut to fill over 50,000m3 for inclusion of 3 new full sized Rugby Fields including carpark’s, field lighting, 60,000m2 of turf fully integrated with a new site base.
- The clubhouse incorporates 4 change rooms with adjoining shower and toilet facilities, officials changing room, first aid room, Freezer/Cold/Dry stores, 150m2 multi purpose room, canteen facilities, external store rooms, Main Foyer, Reception and Office.
- Construction of new building is with a face blockwork facade, with areas of FC sheeting and colourbond metal cladding.
- Structural steel members form the roof carcass whilst roofing is colourbond metal along with Zinculume fascias, guttering and downpipes.
- Amenities and changing rooms are naturally ventilated with external louvres: the kitchen and shower areas are mechanically ventilated.